Outliers © 2008 by Malcolm Gladwell (365 pages)

Why can't I be as successful as Bill Gates? We all want to be successful but somehow can't seem to find the perfect concoction for success...

I invite you to journey with Malcolm Gladwell as he examines the true life stories of successful as well as unsuccessful people in an attempt to map out the pathway to Success. You'll be shocked. You'll be inspired. And you'll view geniuses differently henceforth - Bill Gates is as human as any one of us...

The book is thoroughly enjoyable especially the first few chapters but due to repetitive ideas, it seemed draggy towards the end.

I highly recommend it as it has opened my eyes to some unsuspecting ingredients of success such as luck, culture, family background and even birth date!

One true story that struck me was the one on Korean Air's plane crashes. The tragedies were surprisingly not due to human/machine errors but Korea's high PDI (Power Distance Index)!

No comments: